I began professionally counseling with three counseling centers in August 1998, became licensed in North Carolina, April 1, 2001, and opened my private practice of Christian Therapy Services, LLC on August 5, 2002. Prior to becoming a professional counselor, I had over 15 years of financial marketing, human resources, project management, and training experience.
I am a counselor, facilitator, speaker, and gatherer of women.
- MA in Psychology with a Specialty in Professional Counseling from Georgia School of Professional Psychology (GSPP) in Atlanta, Georgia,1998
- Masters Diploma in Christian Counseling from Psychological Studies Institute (PSI) also in Atlanta, Georgia, 1997
- BS Psychology/Sociology, Presbyterian College, Clinton, SC, 1979
- LPC #3782 (Licensed Professional Counselor) since April 1, 2001
- BCPCC #0967 (Board Certified Professional Christian Counselor) since January 22, 2009
MY PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
- American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC) since 1998
- Christian Association for Psychological Studies (CAPS) since 2011
- Served as Adjunct Professor/Instructor at Gardner-Webb University, 2008-2011; Central Piedmont Community College, 2008-2012; Charlotte Christian College and Theological Seminary, 2011-2016